The Morgan Report

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 01, 2007

OFFICIAL FIRST WORD???


Ok, I had this discussion with my sister about 'first words'. I consider Morgan's first word the one which she 'knows' what she is saying-MAMA. My sister says it is just the first word she says whether she knows what she is saying or not. Hmmm...in that case Morgan has been saying 'HI' for months and other 'words'. I just considered these sounds, not words....So, when parents talk about their child's first word what are they really talking about? What are your thoughts?

4 Comments:

At June 02, 2007 2:13 AM, Blogger A wonderful life said...

We agree with your mommy.....first word is when you know what you are saying. My mom has been working with me already just trying to get me to say "mama" too! Aren't they funny!
Sure wish I could be with you in that cool inflatable raft type thing. That way you don't get all that sand in your diaper! How smart!
You always have the coolest stuff. I will have to make sure my mommy sees this one!

 
At June 02, 2007 6:44 PM, Blogger Little Bug said...

I have had the same wonderings with Connor's speech as well. It doesn't seem fair to qualify a first word unless it's spoken with intention, but by golly these kiddo's are talking and saying things.....What a quandry!!
First word or not, I'm glad that you are hearing the sweet voice of that little princess of yours. There's nothing more special than the sound of "Mama" (intentional or unintentional!!!)
So glad to see that you guys are having a great vacation!!! Enjoy the beach and the sun!!!
Lovebug Hugs,
Lori

 
At June 04, 2007 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep!!!it was mamma i heard it myself. now can we teach her to say gooo cowboys!!!! ya know season is soon we need all the help we can get!!!!love you great to see you love uncle jeff

 
At June 06, 2007 7:47 AM, Blogger The Mom said...

I think the first word is one said with intention too. My kids first words were all Daddy - go figure ;) But, I'm pretty sure I hear "mom" a lot more than I hear "dad" ;)

Whooo hoooo Princess Morgan!!! Mama is the best word :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home