The Morgan Report

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 25, 2006

Has Modern Technology gone too far? At least when it comes to Elmo...

Mommy was telling me a story about how 10 years ago her sister (Auntie Dee -Dee) drove all over town & called everyone to help her find the original Tickle Me Elmo for my cousin Samantha. It was crazy. They were sold out everywhere. So, fast-forward more than 10 years & now Dad-dee thought it would be a good idea to get me the new Elmo TMX (his birthday is coming up on the 1st-maybe HE really wanted it for himself- hee hee). Mommy said she was not about to drive around town to hunt for a doll (sold out everywhere). So, with one click of the button on E-Bay (Mommy finds all kind of treasures on E-Bay) he arrives at my doorstep 2 days later...pretty easy. Mommy is not too sure about the new Elmo. She says he acts like he is on something...whatever that means. On his head maybe? She is glad he has an on/off switch. He is a little crazy, but makes me smile (and Dad-dee laughs hysterically). Mommy says, "the things we do for our children (& husbands)". Case in point..........



So, Mommy & I are scheming a plan for Dad-dee's birthday. Our favorite team, DALLAS COWBOYS, are playing on Sunday so we will have to plan around the game. It will be my Dad-dee's first birthday with me around. Should be lots of fun! Maybe I will wrap up one of my diapers for him- hee hee. No, I would not do that to my Dad-dee...or would I???? hee hee hee Stay tuned......

1 Comments:

At September 27, 2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ok my MIL just emailed me saying she was thinking of getting Kayla that for Christmas and wanted to know what I thought. I think it's going to annoy me and will be a waste of her money...but that's me...what do you think? Should I tell her to go ahead and get it, or should I suggest something else? I kinda think Kayla would get bored with it after a while, don't you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home