The Morgan Report

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

REFLECTION

With only 3 weeks remaining until the arrival of Baby P2 I find myself looking back at Morgan's first days in this world. Her birth was the single most happiest day of my life (well, my wedding day is up there too). This precious little soul was given to Gregg & I to cherish & nurture. She has been such a blessing to our families. From day one she has been my biggest joy. She has been such an easy baby (sleeping through the night at 2 months old, a good eater, napper...just all around easy). So sweet, happy & good natured. I wonder what this new child will be like. What type of personality he/she will have. I can already tell a difference with the way I am carrying this one. Baby P2 is a whirling dervish. Morgan was so calm. This baby is kicking the @#^*!! out of me. Maybe it just means Baby P2 will have a spitfire personality. When I carried Morgan I really felt I was having a girl. I even bought fairies & angels for her room. This baby, I really have no idea. Sometimes I lean more towards a boy. I am so uncertain this time that I have not purchased anything gender specific. We are hoping if we stay with the same blueprint we used with Morgan, this baby will slip right into a good routine as well. Is this wishful thinking? Gregg has always been very involved with Morgan's life ( it helps he has a job that allows him so much time at home). I know this has been a huge part of making Morgan secure. She is really easy to take anywhere...no whining or crying. She loves people & has never really gone through any seperation anxiety from us.

Well, many thoughts running through this Mama's head. Just so hard to believe he/she will be here in 3 weeks. I have enjoyed being pregnant so much. It is a time in my life I truly treasure. But, I also can't wait to have this child in my arms & look into his/her eyes. Morgan is going to be such a great big sister. We are so blessed to be able to give her a sibling. Morgan is just so loving. Here are photos of Morgan form her first 5 days in our lives.


I knew I was looking at an angel...I just had no idea how special she really was going to be to us.



Gregg was in love with his little girl from the first moment.





I still love lifting her up & looking into her beautiful almond shaped eyes ( just like her Mommies).


Grammy always said (from the day Morgan was born...actually even before she was born) that Morgan was special and a gift to our family. She KNEW Morgan would be a girl. When I flew home to Florida to tell her I was pregnant, she nicknamed her "FLOWER". She was right...about everything! Mom's know best.

2 Comments:

At May 01, 2008 8:37 PM, Blogger Amy Flege said...

I am so excited for you guys! Morgan will be the best big sister! Maybe you need to post a picture of that belly so us bloggers can take a poll on what you are having!!!!

 
At May 01, 2008 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin...
We don't run into each other very often, so I just wanted to say good luck with the delivery and enjoy those amazing first few weeks with baby P2! I will be checking your blog to read all about it! Your in my thoughts.
Take care and best wishes!
Angie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home